Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Work in Progress...

Thanks for those who gave me tips or words of encouragement about this beauty of a body =)  There has been many ups and downs in the past few weeks when it came to me looking in the mirror at what once was carrying 3 babies at one time, and a total of 5 babies in 3 years!! Yes, I am crazy!

I recently got some helpful news, not really good or bad.  I have a condition called Diastasis Recti where abdominal separation took place during one of my pregnancies.  This explains the round mommy pooch that NEVER goes away after having my babies and why I still look 4 months pregnant at times, especially after heavy activity. 

To those plastic surgeons who tell people like myself that this problem will only be fixed with a tummy tuck, screw you!!!  I am going to prove you wrong.  Although this condition is extremely hard to fix without surgery, there is hope.  I am so fortunate enough to have a sister who worked for a personal trainer and private gym owner.  She has offered her help to me, free of charge, and really wants to see me succeed.  Her specialty... post natal!! She has classes specifically for this issue such as mine and has helped with shocking results.  I had a consultation on Monday about my diet.  I really needed help with a balance between my calorie intake and maintaining my milk production.  She gave me meal by meal instructions and I have already lost 3 pounds!!  I am eating soooo healthy and I really feel great!!  Don't get me wrong.  Those gourmet cupcakes I picked up for Jackson's preschool teacher really gave me the greatest temptation of all time, but I am doing it!!  Swimsuit season is just around the corner people!!

So, how will I fix this bulging thing??  Well, that takes specific exercises with a trainer.  Sometimes you may think doing a million crunches will help, but it may have a negative effect.  I am going to continue doing what she recommends, specific diet and exercise, and I am holding on to that hope that I will be able to fix this little bump in the road!! 

Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck girl!!! You can do it!! :) Keep us posted and don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck honey, but you have always looked beautiful to me......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!! Although, I think you look great already =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had known that 'just do lots of sit ups' wouldn't work. It wasn't until I stopped going to an OB and started seeing midwives they told me I was having a negative effect. Now on my 6th pregnancy I am not sure if I can do it on my own.... I might just go for the 'quick fix', but I admire you and think it is great that your sister is willing to work with you and guide you! Can't wait to see the results (if you share)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'll be looking for helpful "it worked" tips posted from you in the near future! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, you are soooo lucky! I'd love to have free trainer who's making it their mission for me to succeed! I'm sooo jealous! I know you will do well!

    P.S. I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete