So, I had another appointment today. I am 31 weeks 4 days... only a few more days until we reach 32 weeks!! I can't believe we made it this far.
Today was a very LONG day!! I was there a good 5 or 6 hours. We first had our ultrasound done. All of the babies were measured. Baby A (which used to be Baby C, which is the fraternal one, but who knows how all of that worked itself out) is measuring 4 lbs 7 oz!! BIG baby!! Baby B is 3 lbs 11 oz, measuring exactly on target. And Baby C is also a whopping 4 lbs 7 oz!! I can't believe how much they have grown. They say, any triplet delivered over 3 pounds is AWESOME and it looks like we made it.
Not everything was perfect. A little concern about Baby A. She basically has no fluid left, no pockets to be measured. Who knows how this happened, but there is a possibility that it could be replenished. Baby B and Baby C (the identicals) have a good amount of fluid and no concerns there. We waited to hear what the doctor had to say.
We then measured the cervix. It is shortening, but expected to. It is a little over 2 cm, but still hanging in there. Every week it seems to be getting shorter and shorter, so sooner than later that will be a concern.
I had a Non-Stress Test (NST) following the ultrasound to make sure Baby A wasn't effected by the lack of fluid. After 35 minutes of monitoring, we saw no stress of her heart rate which was a good sign. I have to give the nurse a HUGE compliment... she found every baby so fast and monitored them better than I have ever seen!!
We then waited what seemed like a lifetime for our doctor (he is quite the busy man)!! He first prescribed me with more antibiotics, so I am praying for relief from this cough. Bronchitis is the assumption now. Who really knows?!? Anyway, more importantly, he gave us his thoughts on the ultrasound findings. He highly suggested coming in for an NST every couple of days to make sure Baby A is tolerating the lack of fluid. He did use one word that scared the crap out of my IP's... stillbirth!! Yes, this is a possibility (very very small one) that the doctor needed to address. Since there isn't much fluid for the baby, she can possibly put too much pressure on her umbilical cord and cut off her life support. The reality of that happening?? Doesn't seem too high, but of course it was a HUGE concern for my IP's. She was doing very well today, so in another 48 hours we will check again. We came to the conclusion that we will monitor Baby A as much as we can and when we feel the need to admit or deliver, we will. Our doctor said that admittance would be more than likely next week, but more or less gave my IP's a choice if they would like that to move up or not. I basically got very lucky once again. It is more than likely that Thursday I will be calling Loma Linda my home until I deliver. But, anything can happen at any time. Being pregnant with triplets comes with way too many surprises... this is getting to be VERY stressful.
So, I am STILL home... YAY!!! But, I won't be saying that much longer. With this long day I had, contractions definitely increased when I got home and I am trying to get them to stop. Blogging definitely keeps my mind a little off of them, but they are very uncomfortable.
Another day has passed... let's see what tomorrow brings!!